Application Deadline: August 31, 2018.
Delivered in partnership with Highline BETA, RBC Reach is an accelerator program to help high-impact startups grow while adding value to RBC’s business and consumer clients in new and innovative ways.
RBC Reach will run several cohorts per year, and each will focus on a strategic theme. The program consists of three components:
1. Growth programming
Over the course of three months, companies will participate in acceleration programming developed by Highline BETA to help grow their business while also working closely with RBC to identify opportunities for a commercial agreement.
Program participants will have access to dedicated workspace in Toronto’s financial district. While the startups are not mandated to work in the space on a full-time basis, they will be required to participate in key events and programming.
2. Initial investment
Companies accepted into the program will receive an initial investment of $100,000 CAD funded jointly by RBC and Highline BETA.
3. Commercial pilot and further investment
Upon completion of the three-month program, companies that sign a commercial agreement with RBC will participate in additional part-time programming (delivered in-person and remotely) to drive the implementation and launch of a successful commercial pilot. These companies will be eligible to receive additional investment from RBC and Highline BETA, as well as receive support from Highline BETA on raising future rounds of funding.
- Opportunity to develop a proof-of-concept for the use of the product or service in partnership with RBC, which could lead to a commercial agreement with RBC
- Mentorship, coaching and networking with RBC and Highline BETA executives, founders and domain experts with unparalleled understanding of and access to Canadian consumers and businesses
- Access to RBC innovation infrastructure and expertise, including Borealis AI; Vanguard, RBC’s Cybersecurity Lab; and RBC’s Blockchain Centre of Excellence
- Support raising further funding upon the completion of the program
Fall 2018 Program: