RealYoung Program 2018 documentary stories for younger audiences.
Application Deadline:10 January 2018.
March 13-15, 2018, Malmö, Sweden.
RealYoung is a 3-step program focusing on documentary stories for younger audiences. Here you will develop, present and network with the aim of bringing your next kids or youth documentary across borders to an international audience.
Every day kids and youth consume a substantial amount of real life stories via YouTube channels, Instagram videos, Snapchats, TV and via many other outlets. Like sponges they absorb peer created content, cute cats, latest football goals, funny clips and much more. But where can they access edgy, daring, stimulating and thought-provoking reflections on real life?
Kids and youth grow up with visual media as the prime source for navigating and understanding the world around us. So how do we secure they are also offered an alternative to funny cats and laughing babies? With RealYoung we want to enhance the real life stories that can help shape the next generation and make them:
• Enhance their sense of being critical citizens
• Better understand the global society
• Navigate the complex digital media landscape
• Raise their understanding of other cultures
• Grow their entrepreneur- and leadership potential
The RealYoung 2018 initiative is a 3-step programme with two online components and one on location meeting. The programme consists of these three steps:
1) Pre-workshop module
Mid-February, 2018. Online video meetings
The selected project teams are preparing individually for the in residence workshop by getting one-on-one project consultation provided via videoconference by EDN.
2) Development, presentations and networking
March 13-15, 2018. The Financing Forum for Kids Content, Malmö, Sweden
Day 1: Intensive development workshop focusing on project development and fine-tuning of project presentations.
Day 2 + 3: Pitching, one-on-one meetings and participating at The Financing Forum for Kids Content.
3) RealYoung video consultation
September 2018. Online video meetings.
All six projects from RealYoung will have individual consultation meetings, facilitated as an online video conference. The individual consultation will be with the RealYoung organisers from The Financing Forum for Kids Content, IDFA and EDN with the aim of mapping the further project development and outline the market potential for the project.
How to Participate
The six projects to be chosen to take part in RealYoung are selected in two different categories:
RealYoung Pitch Projects: 3 projects will take part in the full development program, pitch during The Financing Forum for Kids Content and have individual meetings with financiers and potential collaborators.
RealYoung Development Projects: 3 projects will take part in the full development program and have individual meetings with financiers and potential collaborators.
1) For the RealYoung Pitch Projects we are looking for thoroughly developed projects with clear intentions about the story, treatment, target audience and production outline. If you are applying as a pitch project, please send us a 2-page presentation with the following:
• Short synopsis describing the story
• Treatment with reflections on the visual approach and narrative structure
• The total budget sum (not the whole budget)
• A brief financing plan
• Title, director, producer, production company, length, format & production plan/time of delivery
• Short CV & filmography of company and director
• Contact details on producer/production company and/or director
• Link to pilot, trailer or other visual material representing the project
For More Information: