Research Fellowship Scheme at NCHMCT in India, 2018
The Research Fellowship (RF) scheme of the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is open to candidates who qualify the Eligibility Test for enrolment in to Ph.D program particularly in the field of Hospitality Management/ Administration. However, please note that these are qualifying tests only and do not bestow a fellowship upon the candidate.
This is a three year fellowship for Ph.D. in Hospitality subject and academic criteria in force for selection of Ph.D. programme. The duration of fellowship is as under:-
Minimum duration of fellowship for doing Ph.D. is for three years from the date of joining.
Fellowship can be granted till the period of submission of Ph.D. Thesis subject to fulfilment of other clause of the scheme, or maximum of 5 years, whichever is earlier.
Candidates who have qualified in the Eligibility Test for enrolment in to Ph.D program particularly in the field of Hospitality Management/ Administration.
Candidates who have qualified in the Eligibility Test for enrolment in to Ph.D program particularly in the field of Hospitality Management/ Administration. However, the registration for the Ph.D is made by IGNOU or NCHMCT within stipulated period of declaration of result or date of issue of award letter/date of joining the fellowship.
In addition, candidates must meet the following:
- Candidate should have regular Master’s degree in Hospitality or allied subject, after a basic UG degree in Hospitality Management/ Administration subject with an aggregate of more than 55% marks (in UG and PG).
- Qualified in the eligibility examination to get admission in the the Ph.D. program in Hospitality field.
- Agreed to become the full time Research Fellow at the NCHM or any of Institute, under its umbrella.
- Not drawing salary/ remuneration/ fellowship from any other Organisation/ Agency
- Have the valid Adhaar Number and PAN number
The tenure of fellowship is strictly for three years or completion of research study, whichever is earlier, under the Research Fellowship scheme. Upon expiry of this period and on the event of not completion of research study, the work of the Fellow will be evaluated by experts. If the research work is found satisfactory, his/her tenure will be extended for a further period of one year under the scheme. In case the work for the first three years is not found satisfactory, no further extension of the fellowship will be considered. After fourth year, there is no further provision of extension.
Fellowship at Rs.25,000 per month
Total Contigency of Rs.20,000 Yearly (can be taken in instalments or at one go).
For More Information: