Application Deadline:July 13th 6pm ET
GRID Alternatives and WRISE are partnering again for a Rising Women SPI fellowship program to give aspiring solar professionals from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to participate in North America’s largest solar trade show – Solar Power International (SPI) – attending sessions, viewing state-of-the-art technology, meeting women and men in the renewable energy field, and connecting with employers about potential internships or permanent positions. The program, part of GRID and WRISE’s workforce diversity initiatives, is aimed at women training for careers in installation and design as well as college and graduate students studying renewable energy and related fields.
- Selected participants will receive free conference registration, travel to and from the conference, housing during
their stay and supported opportunities for networking to make the most out of the experience.
- SPI 2018 will be held in Anaheim, CA from September 24-27 at the Anaheim Convention Center Lodging for Rising Women SPI Fellows has been reserved at the Clarion Anaheim.
SPI Rising Women Fellowship Eligibility:
- The SPI Fellowship is available to anyone 18 or older identifying as a woman who is currently enrolled as a student or is a recent graduate of a college, university, or technical certificate program (including graduate degree programs as well as installer training programs)
- Fellowship applicants may be interested in any sector of renewable energy, including academic, manufacturing, technical, consulting, engineering, finance, and others
- Applicants must be planning to pursue a renewable energy career in the United States and will benefit most if interested in the solar industry specifically.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated interest in renewable energy
• Academic and/or vocational achievement
• Work and volunteer experience
• Potential for future contributions to the U.S. renewable energy community
• Financial need
2018 Applications are NOW open. All Applications are now due July 13th 6pm ET. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For More Information: