Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellowship 2018/2019 for health professionals
Application Deadline: November 15, 2017 (3 p.m. ET)
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Exceptional midcareer professionals from academic faculties, government (including military, U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, and state offices who are not considered government officials under Section 4946 of the Internal Revenue Code)* and nonprofit health care organizations who are interested in experiencing the health policy process at the federal level are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have earned an advanced degree in one of the following disciplines: allied health professions; biomedical sciences; dentistry; economics or other social sciences; health services organization and administration; medicine; nursing; public health; social and behavioral health; or health law.
- Applicants whose official job description or responsibilities are primarily government relations or advocacy are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens, permanent residents at the time of application, or individuals who have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Because Health Policy Fellows are placed in assignments in the federal government, changes in federal policy or law may necessitate that we consider adjustments in eligibility and grant terms, as well as placements in the program.
- Individual candidates for receipt of award funds cannot be related by blood or marriage to any Officer** or Trustee of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, or be a descendant of its founder, Robert Wood Johnson.
- Up to six awards of up to $165,000 each will be made in 2018.
- Fellowship funds of up to $104,000 may be used for the residential stay (not to exceed the fellow’s salary prior to entering the program) from September 1, 2018, through August 31, 2019.
- The continuation of fringe benefits at levels corresponding to the level of stipend support being requested may be covered with the award, and sponsoring institutions may supplement fellowship funds.
Optional applicant Web conference calls. Registration is required. Please visit the program’s website for complete details and to register.
November 15, 2017 (3 p.m. ET)
Deadline for receipt of applications.
January 11, 2018
Selection of finalists.
February 1, 2018 (3 p.m. ET)
Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
February 14, 2018
Board interviews of finalists.
February 15, 2018
Selection and notification.
September 1, 2018
Start of grants.
For More Information: