Application Deadline: Friday 2nd December.
re you a budding young photographer?
Do you have an interest in agriculture?
Do you wish to be in with the chance to win yourself, your school and your family some amazing prizes?
If the answer is yes to one or all of the above questions we welcome you to enter Rothamsted Research’s 2016 children and young adults photo-story competition.
The theme of this year’s competition is agricultural landscapes and practices.
The brief (including important details):
- The competition, which is free to enter, has three age categories: 7 to 10 years, 11 to 14 years and 15 to 18 years.
- Recognising a camera as a piece of light-based technology the entrant’s brief is to take an original image of an agricultural landscape and/or practice.
- A brief description of the agricultural landscape and/or practice encountered must accompany each photograph submitted.
- Entrant’s photo-stories will be judged on the basis of the photo’s originality and the imaginative description of the landscape and/or practice encountered.
- Entrants can make as many submissions of an original photograph, plus accompanying description, as they wish.
- Photographs taken from smart phone devices are accepted. For better quality images we would, however, encourage the use of a camera.
- Both the winner and runner up in each age category will receive a prize. Full prize details will be made available on the launch date and thereafter.
- Submissions to the competition can be made via a link on this page, which will go live from Monday 20th June. The competition closes on Friday 2nd December.
- The winner, runner-up and highly commended entries, in each category, will be announced at an Awards Ceremony at the Rothamsted Conference Centre on Sunday 11th December.
- All entrants will be invited to attend this event.
For More Information: