Application Deadline: December 11th 2016
5-8 March 2017 | Thessaloniki, Greece
Cooperation and dialogue between Greece and Germany in the field of youth are an important issue. Both governments as well as the civil societies of both countries are currently working in numerous projects to intensify mobility of youth between Germany and Greece. The 2nd Greek-German Youth Forum aims at fostering and extending these contacts.
Following the 1st Forum which took place in Germany in 2014, during the 2nd Greek-German Youth Forum participants will have the opportunity to work with each other, explore opportunities for future cooperation, promote their youth activities and share best practices. At the same time participants will have the chance to explore funding opportunities such as Erasmus+/Youth and other youth programmes and exchange ideas about international youth work methods.
The Forum will focus on social inclusion and how international youth work can contribute to social participation. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss topics such as: inclusion of refugees, migrants and their descendants in society, intolerance, xenophobia and racism as subjects of youth exchanges, youth unemployment, youth participation and vocational training.
The Forum’s objectives are to:
• promote non- formal education and intercultural learning
• explore the needs of young people in both countries
• establish long-term cooperation between youth organizations in the two countries
• exchange of good practices, especially in regards to inclusion of refugees
• explore the social reality in Greece and Germany in 2017.
Participants must be:
• above 18 years old
• representatives of a Greek or German NGO or association in youth work
• experienced in social participation and active in national and international youth work.
For More Information: