Application Deadline- December 3, 2018 5:00PM EST
Sesame Street Writers’ Room is a writing fellowship opportunity from the creators of Sesame Street. And we are looking for YOU! Fresh new writing talent from underrepresented racial backgrounds. Emerging storytellers who are selected to join the Writers’ Room fellowship will receive hands-on writing experience guided by Sesame Street veterans and other media industry leaders.
All participants must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the program. For additional questions about eligibility, please visit the FAQ page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility Check List
- Participants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Participants must be 21+ years old
- Must come from an underrepresented racial group
- No extensive media writing experience, such as having written more than 6 episodes for a network or cable scripted/narrative series
- Participants must be able to attend all 8 weekly sessions in NYC, which will be held from early May to mid-July. Travel and lodging expenses are the participant’s sole responsibility.
What Are The Requirements?
All applicants will be asked to submit the following items with their application through their profile on the Writers’ Room portal. For additional questions about any of the requirements, contact us at email@example.com
Application Check List
- Application form (available starting November 1, 2018)
- Resume: this can feature your overall work experience, NOT only writing experience
- Personal statement: tell us about yourself, for example, why you want to write for children’s educational media, how your experiences influence the stories you tell, why you value diversity/representation in children’s media, etc. (up to 500 words)
- Original script sample: 11-page maximum, it should NOT contain Sesame Street elements, it can be an excerpt from a larger piece you’ve written, it must be kid-friendly content for viewers up to age 12
- More info on your script: what’s the bigger picture/idea of your script sample? (up to 150 words)
- Weekly sessions will take place at the Sesame Street NYC offices in Summer 2019 (early May through mid-July)
- Includes eight, three-hour sessions on creating original children’s content
- Learn from industry writers, producers, agents and executives
- Complete at least one original script during the program
- Up to two participants will have the opportunity to receive creative development deals and further mentorship
For More Information: