Closing Date: 31st May 2016
£5,000 Shell LiveWIRE Smarter Future Awards (May 2016)
There is one £5,000 Shell LiveWIRE Smarter Future Award to give away each month to new businesses in the UK (in their first 12 months of trading).
- Does your business service the UK market? (i.e. Is your business based in the UK)
- Are you, and all business partners, UK residents?
- Will you, and all business partners, be between the ages of 16-30 (inclusive) on the last day of the month you are applying for funding?
- Have you been trading for less than 12 months, or, are you a pre-start that is 6 months (maximum) away from starting to trade? Our definition of trading is classed as the date you first receive payment for goods or services. (Please note, the business idea must be your own. As such, franchises or subsidiaries of other companies are not eligible.)
- Do you have an innovative business idea that will provide a solution to the UK’s future transport, food, energy, or natural resource challenges, or make our urban environments cleaner and more sustainable places to work and live in?
Do you have a smart business idea that will help meet the needs of our growing population?
By 2050, our planet could be home to more than 9 billion people with 75% living in cities – up from 50% today. More people will enjoy higher living standards, gaining access to modern transportation, reliable energy, cleaner water, or buy their first mobile, refrigerator or car.
How will society manage this? Ensuring sufficient supply of resources will pose considerable challenges. At the same time it presents a fantastic opportunity for the next generation of UK entrepreneurs.
The Shell LiveWIRE Smarter Future programme consists of:
- Start-up funding of £5,000 to one monthly winner
- A coaching workshop with Shell senior business leaders
- The opportunity to participate in the Shell LiveWIRE International Let’s Go Trade Programme
- The opportunity to be considered for the annual £25,000 Shell LiveWIRE Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
For More Information: