Application Deadline: November 6th 2017
SheStarts is Australia’s only venture-backed startup program designed to help female entrepreneurs build big tech businesses.
To be eligible to win the Prize for the Winners, Entrants must:
- Incorporate their business as a registered limited liability company in Australia;
- Complete legal documentation, including Shareholders Agreement, Service Agreement, Company Constitution (based on a default template), and Fund Option Deed, which will all be provided to Finalists at commencement of the Bootcamp.
- Allocate 15% of the equity on a fully diluted basis in the incorporated company to BlueChilli and its associated entities as nominated by BlueChilli.
Entries will be screened by BlueChilli prior to review by a judging panel consisting of representatives from BlueChilli and the Sponsors.
The 20 best entries that meets the brief, that complies with these terms and conditions and that score highest in terms of:
- Problem-solution fit
- Market opportunity (including defensibility, scalability, innovation and competitive advantage)
- Feasibility and viability of the technology required
- Social and community impact
will be awarded a Bootcamp Placement and will be known as Finalists.
BlueChilli will provide a travel stipend of $500 to Finalists who are required to travel to the pitching and showcase from outside the greater Sydney Area.
The prize for Finalists (up to 20 available) consists of the following:
- Placement in the SheStarts two-week validation Bootcamp where entrants are guided through the process of validating their idea and preparing for the pitching days. This Bootcamp includes access to expert Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and knowledgeable mentors from the BlueChilli startup community.
- Promotion and exposure via the SheStarts webpage, social media and other channels as facilitated by BlueChilli.
- The opportunity to pitch the post-Bootcamp idea to BlueChilli during the pitching day on 6th or 7th December 2017. The pitching day will determine up to 10 Winners, who will be announced on 7 December 2017.
Finalists will participate in a startup validation bootcamp held on various days (see below) during the period from 21 November – 7 December 2017 run by BlueChilli and mentors and advisors in the program (Bootcamp). Attending activities as outlined below during the bootcamp is mandatory unless otherwise stated.
- Tuesday 21 November (full-day in-person attendance in Sydney mandatory)
- Wednesday 22 November (full-day in-person attendance in Sydney mandatory)
- Tuesday 28 November (videoconference attendance mandatory)
- Wednesday 29 November (videoconference attendance mandatory)
On 6 or 7 December 2017, the Finalists will pitch the refined Idea to a judging panel consisting of BlueChilli to determine the program Winners. Each Finalist will be assessed by a panel of judges at its absolute discretion, according to the growth potential of the opportunity and the ability of founder/team to successfully execute the solution. Up to 10 Winners will be selected by the Judges.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the SheStarts Accelerator Program 2018