Application Deadline: June 30th 2016
Startup Europe, through its project WELCOME, is working hard to break down the barriers between 5 different major EU startups ecosystems (Berlin, Dublin, Milan, Madrid and Salamanca), identify and engage the most relevant players of the tech entrepreneurial world (e.g. investors, mentors, media, corporates, successful entrepreneurs, etc.) and connect them with prospective, emerging and successful tech startups.
Startup Europe and Welcome are proud to present the 2nd edition of the “Silicon Valley Program for Late Stage Startups”, a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the epicenter of the startup economy.
4 late stage startups (>€50K of funding from external investors), one each from Berlin, Dublin, Milan and Madrid&Salamanca will be selected to join this ride of a lifetime. A soft landing in Silicon Valley to help companies commercialize products abroad, enter new markets, gain visibility and reputation in US, sign partnerships with strategic corporates/partners and raise funds from venture capitals.
Each selected company will be eligible to receive:
- a “showcase pass” (tickets+shared booth) to the “European Innovation Day” in Silicon Valley (Sep 12th, 2016), an action-oriented investors day aimed at showcasing the best innovation coming from the EU, connecting startups, corporates, investors and policy makers with the Silicon Valley Ecosystem.
- a full waiver for up to 1 founder to the MTB Startup School, a 2+1-week (Aug 29th, Sep 16th) tailored training program, including 60+ hours of training modules, workshops, keynotes, site visits, networking, and 1:1 mentorship.
- a bonus of EUR 1250 to help cover travel and accomotion costs.
We are looking for visionary web entrepreneurs that are looking forward to scale up internationally and are willing to invest to take their startup to the next level.
- Startups need to be based (or in the process of being based) in one of the 5 EU ecosystems of Startup Europe’s Welcome Project (Madrid, Salamanca, Milan, Berlin, Dublin).
- Startups must have received at least >€50K in external funding.
- Validation/recommendation from accelerator programs is a plus.
Criteria for selection:
Startups will be selected by Welcome partners and experts according to the following criteria:
– innovation of the product/service.
– innovation of the business model.
– potential of the market.
– quality of the team (in terms of diversity, experience and education.
- Applications open June 1, close June 30.
- Final list of selected startups will be published on all Welcome communication channels (website, social media etc…) approx. 1-2 weeks after application close date.
- To participate, selected startups will be required to sign a binding Letter of Commitment and agree to Welcome activities’ general Terms and Conditions and Reimbursement Procedures.
For More Information: