Application Deadline: December 18, 2015
The Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) has a four-year fellowship scheme for new doctoral students at either Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Management University Graduate Fellowship (SMU) or Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), who will conduct their research at the SMART Centre.
The Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU, NUS, SMU and SUTD the best and most talented doctoral students from Singapore, the region and beyond, and educate them to be future leaders in science and technology for Singapore and beyond. The Fellowship will provide an opportunity to be involved in the strategic research programmes at the SMART Centre and provide the opportunity to be co-advised by an MIT faculty member. The student may spend up to six months doing research at MIT.
A student must:
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with first class or second-upper (or equivalent);
- be an incoming new PhD student not currently enrolled in a PhD programme;
- have a research interest that fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in a SMART Interdisciplinary Research Group (IRG).
The SMART Graduate Fellowship provides:
- up to four years of full tuition and school fees at the student’s home university;
- a monthly stipend of S$3,500 (and CPF for those who are eligible);
- funds to support the expenses for a one-time research residency at MIT for up to six months;
- and co-supervision by an MIT and NTU/NUS/SMU/SUTD faculty.
For More Information: