Application Deadline: February 24th 2019
The Turkey Europe Future Forum is a project of Stiftung Mercator in cooperation with TUSIAD, under the patronage of Federica Mogherini, the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs.
Since 2015, The Turkey Europe Future Forum has been bringing together dedicated young leaders from Turkey and Europe for intensive dialogue in Turkey, Germany and other European countries.
This year’s Forum takes place from July 7-14 in Istanbul and Eskisehir under the title “Turkey and the EU: Overcoming Common Challenges and Bilateral Tensions”. We want to look at the current state of political, economic and social relations between Turkey and Europe and identify new ways for sustainable cooperation. We want to openly discuss, argue, listen to each other and exchange ideas
Every year, the Turkey Europe Future Forum enables 30 outstanding young leaders from Turkey, Germany and other European countries to benefit from an intensive exchange of ideas, substantial training measures and access to an important network.
During the Future Forum, participants attend eight days of workshops, lectures and intercultural trainings about a current issue and debate it from their country- and sector-specific perspectives. In addition, top-level guests, speakers and dialogue partners provide exclusive insights into the politics, economy, culture and society of the participating countries. Ümit Boyner, former president of TÜSIAD and one of Turkey’s most successful entrepreneurs, and Ruprecht Polenz, long-time member of the German Bundestag and former chair of the German Foreign Affairs Committee, are the programme deans. Federica Mogherini, the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Parliament is the Future Forum’s patron.
- Between two and ten years’ professional experience in the fields of politics, economics, administration, culture, media, science or civil society (Note: Internships do not count)
- Outstanding academic and professional qualifications
- Turkish, German or another European citizenship
- A university degree (preferably Master’s degree or diploma)
- Very good English skills
- Strong interest in the respective topic of the Future Forum as well as European-Turkish relations
Costs for travel and accommodation are covered.
- January 8: Start of application period
- February 24: Application deadline
- April 8-9: Selection interviews in Berlin
- April 10-11: Selection interviews in Istanbul
- July 7-14: 5th Turkey Europe Future Forum
Applications for the Turkey Europe Future Forum are only possible via the online application tool during the application phase.
The application phase for this year’s Forum runs until February 24, 2019.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Stiftung Mercator 2019 Turkey Europe Future Forum