SUMMER SCHOOL FOR JOURNALISTS AND MEDIA PRACTITIONERS “JOURNALISM IN THE DIGITAL AGE”
11-15 July 2016 – FLORENCE, ITALY
The Summer School is organised by the Centre for Media Pluralism and Media Freedom (CMPF) at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies of the European University Institute (EUI).
The EUI is a renowned international institution, hosting a community of more than 1000 academics and policy-makers from over 60 countries. It is located on picturesque hills above Florence.
Building on its successful experience of previous years, this year’s Summer School will offer the opportunity to around 20 journalists and media practitioners to learn about the latest policy, market and professional trends in the area as well as to share their experiences, ideas and points of view. The Summer School programme is structured around keynote presentations by distinguished experts and follow-up interactive sessions.
- Freedom of Expression, Pluralism and the Changing Media: Legal Perspectives
- Media Economy, Journalism and Pluralism
- Social and Political Impact of Journalism
- Practice Day: Online investigative journalism and social media verification
- Internet Freedom, Digital Journalism, Transnational Investigative Journalism
- The Summer School is open to journalists and other stakeholders in the media industry, We aim to have participants from a variety of countries and backgrounds. The selection of participants will be made by the CMPF based on the information provided in the application form
For More Information: