Following the Prime Minister’s clarion call on 2nd October 2014 for each individual to devote at least 100 hours to Swachhata through the year, the Ministry of Human Resource Development in association with the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched the ‘Swachh Bharat Summer Internship – 100 Hours of Swachhata‘.
The program aims to:
- Develop the skill and orientation of youth for sanitation related work
- Bring youth across the country an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the swachhata revolution
- Integrate youth in the community service in rural areas in the run up to the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- Students enrolled in Colleges/ Universities (referred to as “parent institution”) may apply through the enrolment form.
- Candidates are eligible to choose between the State of Residence and State of Parent Institution as the location of internship (village/district)
- Candidates may participate individually or in teams.
- The location and team size (maximum limit of 10 members) may be decided in consultation with Nodal Officers.
Key Activity of the Internship
At least 100 hour of Swachata related activities in rural areas
100 hours (between 1st May to 31st July 2018)
- Candidates to enroll for the internship through the website.
- Candidates will be accepted as valid only once approved by the Nodal Officer at the Parent Institution.
- Candidates may equip themselves with further knowledge about the Swachh Bharat Mission by visiting
- Candidates to devote at least 100 hours conducting Swachhata-related activities in rural areas selected by them and approved by the parent institution.
- An Internship Report to be submitted by the candidate on the online portal in the prescribed format within 15 days of completion of fieldwork. (Output Indicator)
- The online report submitted by the candidate shall be reviewed and approved by the Nodal Officer for the purpose of certification and rewards.
Rewards and Recognition:
- Reward and Recognition section to be redesigned.
- All participants will be given a Swachh Bharat Internship Certificate on completion of their internship and its approval by the parent institution.
- 2 curriculum credits will be given to interns whose internship reports are found eligible to get credits by parent institution.
- The Best 3 interns/ teams will be recognized at college, university, state and national levels. Their awards are as follows:
- College Level: Shields / cups and special certificates
- Cash Awards
- Cash Awards in addition to certificates
- University Level: Rs 30,000, Rs 20,000, Rs 10,000 along with appropriate certificates
- State Level: Rs 50,000, Rs 30,000, Rs 20,000 along with appropriate certificates
- National Level: Rs 2 lakh, 1 lakh, Rs 50,000 along with appropriate certificates
For More Information: