Application Deadline: 22 February 2016
The Swedish Institute’s Young Connectors of the Future Programme (YCF) is an intercultural leadership programme that aims to lay a foundation for dialogue and knowledge sharing among young leaders from South Asia.
The next YCF programme will be held in Sweden 29 August – 16 September 2016. Read more about the application process here. Please note that the YCF Programme 2016 will also include participants from Sri Lanka.
YCF is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. The programme invites leaders aged between 22 and 32 from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka who represent different sectors of society and are visionaries in positions to make a difference. The participants are actively working for democracy and human rights within the spheres of society, culture, politics, entrepreneurship and media.
To apply to the programme you have to:
- Be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, entrepreneurs, journalists, bloggers, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues).
- Work actively for democracy and human rights.
- Be between 22-32 years old (born 1994 – 1984).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Be a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka.
Please note that we will not be able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
How to apply?
Apply by filling out our YCF Application Form 2016 and by going to our application portal. Deadline for applications is 22 February, 2016. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed YCF Application Form 2016 in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons.
- An updated CV in English
- A letter of recommendation in English (no more than 500 words) from a person that knows your work in the areas of democracy and human rights e.g. a professor, an employer or colleague. The letter should specifically motivate your participation in the programme with reference to the YCF criteria.*
- A photo (not compulsory)
The Swedish Institute will appoint a selection committee consisting of staff from the Swedish Institute as well as representatives from partner organisations and field experts. The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the YCF application form.
- An assessment of the CV.
- An assessment of the letter of recommendation from one reference person.
- The general qualifications of the applicant.
- Call for application is open 20 January – 22 February
- Deadline for applications: 22 February
- Skype interviews: 25 April-3 May
- Accepted applicants will be informed by: 13 May
- YCF module 1 in Sweden: 29 August- 16 September, 2016 (including days for arrival and departure)
- YCF module 2 (location not confirmed): 11 – 17 December alternatively February 2017 (preliminary dates)
For More Information: