Application Deadline: 2 December 2016
The British Council is working with various Indonesian cultural organisations to offer one-month residencies in Indonesia to emerging artists and/or creative professionals living and working in the UK. There are seven residency opportunities in different locations in Indonesia.
This programme is a part of the British Council’s UK/Indonesia 2016-18 season, which aims to build new relationships and collaboration between the UK and Indonesia.
Each of our host partners is looking artists or creative professionals to suit their organisation’s specific needs and objectives. The residencies will take place between February to September 2017 (the exact timing is to be agreed between artists and hosts).
From the British Council, residents will receive a grant for an international economy return flight (UK-Indonesia-UK) and insurance fee and an artist fee and materials grant of £1,800
From our Indonesian partners, residents will receive accommodation (which format can vary in a hotel, BB, homestay or a room in resident’s house), meals, equipment, space and support.
What is expected of the residents?
- To develop and work with host
- To write at least two blog posts for British Council Indonesia website and or take two photograph a day.
- Regularly update your social media platform.
- Complete evaluation questionnaires
- Host at least one workshop or talk during your residency in Indonesia.
- Share the outcomes of your residency at the end with the public in the UK by holding a talk, exhibition or discussion.
To apply you need to:
- Be an emerging individual artist and/or creative practitioner (e.g: curator and producer) looking to develop your practice
- Be a resident of the UK (England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland)
- Be over 18 at the time of applying, and not studying in higher education
- Be proactive and a self-starter
- Demonstrate your interest and/or work in the subjects that our partners have indicated
- Able to explain how the international residency may benefit your career development
How to apply
- Read through what our partner hosts offer and what they are looking for.
- Choose your preferred host which is most suited to your interest or work.
- Fill out the form available to download below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 December 2016
- This will be done by a panel consisting of British Council and Host Organisation
- Possible Interviews of selected candidate
- Applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision by January 2017.
For More Information: