Open to: Australian and international students in their final two years of senior high school.
When: Sunday 28 June 2015 – Sunday 5 July 2015.
The 2015 edition of Chrysalis will return to its usual format of a week-long conference and moves from the end-of-year to mid-year.
The 2015 Chrysalis International Young Leaders Conference will be themed Leadership as Conflict Resolution and will focus on the ways in which leadership and conflict resolution influence each other.
The conference will also look to address three main questions:
- Is conflict a normal part of all human interactions? Can Conflict be beneficial?
- Is developing a greater intercultural awareness key to resolving conflict in today’s world?
- Is effective leadership crucial to successful conflict resolution?
Chrysalites will hear from leaders in community, business, academia and the environment who will speak about their experiences and be available to answer participants’ questions.
As well as an insightful and engaging academic program, Chrysalites will also get to experience Brisbane and university life, meet like-minded students, participate in extra-curricular activities and test what they’ve learnt during the CHRYSALIS Global Youth Challenge.
The conference costs $1,200 per participant. Use of the airport pickup service will also incur an additional fee.
- There are several types of scholarships both for international and domestic students. Some scholarships are available exclusively to students from a certain country or in a certain type of education system, such as the IB Scholarship.
- Scholarships available to international students cover the full participation fee for Chrysalis, accommodation and meals during the conference as well as flights to and from Brisbane and your nearest capital city. Airport pickup is also provided to scholarship recipients.
- International scholarships do not cover the cost of passports, visas, travel/health insurance, travel within your home country or any other costs associated with attending the conference in addition to those specified above.
- All domestic scholarships cover the full participation fee for Chrysalis, accommodation and meals during the conference.
- Domestic scholarships do not cover any costs associated with travelling to and from the conference.
Are discounts available?
Yes, discounts are available to relatives of a former participant or staff member of either International Education Services or Emmanuel College.
For More Information: