Application Deadline: March 8 2015
The Development of ASEAN Youth Eco-Leaders through Volunteerism and Community Engagement
2-29 August 2015 , Cambodia
The ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (AYVP) is a youth community leadership programme that mobilises young volunteers to work with communities in developing innovative solutions to the social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges of the region, while forging a sense of ASEAN identity.
On its second run on the theme of Environment, AYVP is replicating in Cambodia through a joint partnership between Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – The National University of Malaysia (UKM) and Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP).
This year’s programme is also supported by USAID, ASEAN Secretariat, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Malaysia, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Cambodia, and UN Volunteers. At the end of 1 month, the programme primarily seeks to develop ASEAN youth eco-leaders who will implement their own environment conservation projects in their respective communities.
- Nationals of ASEAN countries, aged 18-30 years old (as of year 2015),
- Fluent in the English language, passionate about the environment and serving communities in need, committed to implementing a project that can potentially benefit his/ her own community’s environment;
- Preferably with experience/ training in water supply, rural development, sanitation and wastewater.
Process of Selection
- There are only 50 places for this programme.
- After the technical qualifying round, qualified applicants will undergo the first round of selection by the AYVP Secretariat.
- A second round of selection will be conducted by multi-stakeholders from UKM, RUPP, USAID, ASEAN Secretariat and the 10 Ministries of Youth across the region.
- The final round of selection will be a telephone interview.