Application Deadline: 24th August 2915
The Think Tank Young Professional Development Program intends to attract recent graduates of MA and PhD programs in the social sciences and humanities to select think tanks in Central and Eastern Europe, South Eastern Europe, and the former Soviet Union, giving them an opportunity to gain firsthand policy research and advocacy experience at a renowned think tank in the region.
The program is designed to benefit both young returning professionals and their host organizations. It enables participating think tanks to recruit young researchers originally from the region who recently graduated from universities in the OECD countries, including the Central European University in Hungary. Depending on a research topic, individual programs at hosting organizations will last up to six months and start from 1 November 2015.
Eligible candidates must fulfill ALL of the following four requirements:
- have graduated in the past three years with a PhD, LLM, or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from universities in the OECD countries
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, or Ukraine
- be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of application
- be fluent in written and spoken English and the working language of the host organization
- The Think Tank Fund will cover a gross compensation/salary for the paid position (at the level of the hosting organization’s pay for junior research staff), and other reasonable expenses that are essential for carrying out the work engagement.
- The award will not cover any administrative and mentorship costs incurred by the hosting think tank as these costs will be the contribution of the hosting organization to the program.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program, applying graduates should submit the following documents in English (as .doc or .pdf attachments to email) by August 24, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application has to consist from following parts:
- Motivation/cover letter;
- Brief action plan;
- Draft budget in USD;
- Curicullum Vitae;
- Support letter from host organization.
For More Information: