Application Deadline: January 31, 2017.
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) and the New Europe College (NEC Bucharest) announce a Call for Applications for their joint “TEACHING EUROPE” Fellowship programme. The programme targets academics – highly qualified young and established university professors – from (South) Eastern Europe in the social sciences and the humanities to dedicate themselves to research work oriented toward a specific goal: to lend the state-of-the-art theories and methodologies in the humanities and social sciences a pan-European and/or global dimension and to apply these findings in higher education. It thus seeks to stimulate excellent academics to integrate and translate their research findings into innovative teaching design
The programme targets well-qualified young and established scholars from the whole range of the humanities and the social sciences currently working at universities in Southeastern Europe; they should hold a teaching position (or be otherwise active in science communication). A good command of English is required.
- Hold a PhD degree and have teaching experience of no less than 3 years;
- Demonstrate excellent academic achievements relative to their career stage.
Electronic application form presenting the candidate’s academic profile, teaching experience / courses and research proposal.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2017.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIONS TO: email@example.com
The awarded Fellows are offered support to pursue their research and create didactic units (teaching courses, an innovative curriculum, a textbook, documentaries, or other forms used in higher education and public communication) in the following framework:
- A seven-month in-residence fellowship (750 Euro per month) to be spent within a period of three years (April 2017 – March 2020);
- Accommodation in Sofia and Bucharest, respectively, during the seven fellowship months, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS and NEC’s libraries and electronic databases;
- Travel allowance (up to 3 international travels ~ 1500 Euro);
- Research expenses (100 Euro per month);
- Fully covered participation in joint workshops (two per year).
For More Information: