Application Deadline: midday on Wednesday 25th July.
“Tech to Unite Us” is part of Social Tech Trust’s Innovate Social Tech grant funding programme. It aims to demonstrate how tech can reach its transformative potential when it’s driven by one of the greatest opportunities of our time – equality.
This is a call for radical new approaches that shift the balance of ‘power to people and communities‘ who want to challenge an unequal status quo. Tech is increasingly called upon to drive these shifts . . . but more radical and powerful still, is to look to people and communities to drive tech to unite us.
- We’ll grant fund up to 10 ambitious ventures using tech to unite us in inspirational and transformational ways.
- We’ll support you with technical assistance to give you the best chance of growing your venture sustainably and maximising your social impact.
- We’ll work collaboratively sharing our knowledge of funding venture growth, and learning from others to support innovation for equality more broadly.
- A social mission embedded in your governance
- Potential to deliver transformative social impact at scale through a deep understanding of the critical social challenge that drives your innovation and an ambition to make a difference through growth.
- An innovative approach to tackling a social challenge; this could be through a creative business model, by harnessing emerging tech, or using existing tech in a new and transformative way.
- A working product or service that you will continue to test and iterate; you are at the demonstration stage of your venture’s evolution.
- Evidence of your potential to create user, social and financial value; for example, a theory of change, user co-design and testing, identified social KPIs, or prospective partnerships or routes to market.
- The right team with the critical experience and expertise for success – in-house tech capabilities being an essential.
- Registration as a UK-based organisation and the potential for social impact in the UK.
- Up to £45k, which will be made as a grant with participation rights.
- Technical assistance to support your growth, sustainability and capacity for transformative innovation, e.g. legal and business support, social impact measurement and reporting, marketing and communications.
- Access to our extensive support networks, including mentors and investors.
- A personal approach from the Social Tech Trust team – one that recognises the importance of flexibility for early-stage innovation.
- Support to build your case for further investment.
- Stage 1 applications for Tech to Unite Us will open at midday on Monday 2nd July and close at midday on Wednesday 25th July.
- The Stage 1 online application form is designed to focus on sharing essential information and takes only a few hours to complete. The core of the application is your explanation of the issue, innovation, tech, users and your team. Your 90 second video link provides a chance for your team to pitch, so we can start to get to know you.
For More Information: