Application Deadline; July 1st 2016
The TechWomen program aims to engage and encourage women seeking professional and personal fulfillment, and who are eager to give back by mentoring the next generation. We believe that by connecting women in STEM fields from Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East with women in similar fields in the United States, we create endless possibilities for collaboration and innovation.
When you mentor with TechWomen you have the opportunity to:
- Impact the life of an emerging woman leader from Africa, Central Asia and/or the Middle East
- Make meaningful, lasting connections with global women leaders
- Network with other like-minded professionals in your field
- Join the growing community of TechWomen worldwide
- Participate in delegations to Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East to create professional partnerships and mentor girls
- Travel to Washington, D.C. to meet with officials at the U.S. Department of State
Professional Mentor applicants must be
- Women working in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Able to host an Emerging Leader at their company’s site.
- Able to coach the Emerging Leader on the project four days per week for four weeks.
Preference will be given to those applicants who
- Have prior mentoring experience.
- Have the desire to actively participate in and contribute to the TechWomen network.
- Demonstrate willingness and enthusiasm to mentor and inspire women from Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East.
Professional Mentor Selection and Matching Process
The TechWomen team reviews all Professional Mentor applications and matches each Emerging Leader with the Professional Mentor applicant that demonstrates the best professional compatibility.
Matches are made based on the following criteria:
- Mentor applicant’s ability to address the Emerging Leader’s goals
- Host Company’s industry fit with the Emerging Leader’s preferences
- Mentor applicant’s demonstrated ability to connect the Emerging Leader with others in her company and field
For More Information: