Application Deadline: 12pm GMT on 20 November 2017.
With recent cyber attacks on high-profile systems and organisations such as the Bank of Bangladesh, it’s more important than ever that our systems, critical infrastructure and highly confidential data are safe from potential threats and vulnerabilities.
Taking in to account what the Bank has done in recent years, and with the ever-advancing changes in technology, we want you to tell us how you would apply your knowledge of cyber security and technology to help us meet our mission. Think big. Be creative. And showcase the skills you could bring to our technology teams.
Whether you’re studying at uni, sixth form, college or equivalent, if you’re aged 16+ you could win a paid internship at the Bank of England, during which you will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge of cyber security.
What do you need to do?
The chance to contribute to society and make it better for everyone is a large part of what makes a role with us so rewarding. So, we’ll be looking for ideas that make a positive difference to society.
- What you think the Bank’s primary concerns would be
- Your strategy and approach in a nutshell
- Using a practical example from your approach:
The entry criteria
- Enter on your own or as a team of up to six people.
- The competition is aimed at students aged 16+ studying in the UK; however, we will also consider entries from overseas.
- Entries must be in English.
- We must be able to open your entry on a standard Windows-build desktop.
- Be creative with your entries, but to give you a size guide:
- 750 words, 10 slides and 2 minutes
- Upload your entry through this site by 12pm GMT on 20 November 2017.
- Make sure your entry includes the name, phone number and email address of your main contact.
- Download and read our Full terms & conditions – pdf file
- A four to six week paid summer internship at our Threadneedle Street office, during which you’ll work closely with our technology and cyber security teams.
- Before the internship begins, you will get an exclusive invitation to visit the Bank, where you’ll meet some of the key people in our Technology team.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Bank of England Technology Competition