Application Deadline: 7th of October 2018,
EUFIC – the European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation that provides science-based information on food and health.
EUFIC are passionate science and communication experts who believe in the power of knowledge, and in a world where people choose to live healthily because they know how to. To help building it, we offer accessible, appealing and actionable science-based information to inspire and empower people to improve their diet and lifestyle.
are looking for MSc students who wish to deepen their knowledge of science communication particularly in the area of Food & Health. The candidate should be available to begin as soon as possible and commit to at least 6 months, and preferably longer.
We appreciate and encourage interns to be proactive and as much as possible own their own activities/projects, which can be:
- Active involvement in development, review, and promotion of different types of science-based content – textual and audio-visual – covering a wide range of food & health related topics including, nutrition, lifestyle, food safety, food quality, food risk communication, and sustainability
- Desk research on scientific topics or events
- Assisting in organising meetings, conferences, presentations
- Database management and filing
- Supporting (senior) managers with EU-funded projects and other activities
Educational requirements, experience and skills
- currently enrolled in an MSc programme towards a scientific degree focused on food safety, food science, nutrition, or a related area, with the option to pursue a placement during their studies.
- strong and proven English writing skills, other European language is an advantage
- available to begin as soon as possible and commit to at least 6 months, but preferable longer (up to 12 months)
- an excellent communicator, with ability to translate scientific information into easy to understand language.
- interested in, and a passion for food & health communication
- can search for information, digest it, and summarise succinctly
- proactive and well organised, capable of handling tasks alone
- good interpersonal skills
- experienced with content management systems and web-based applications
- working knowledge of standard software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
N.B. The opportunity offers the same learning objectives and work conditions as the ‘EUFIC Internship Programme‘
Trainees typically enjoy the following:
- full-time position
- living allowance of 450 €/month
- multicultural workplace in the heart of Brussels
- a chance to learn from dedicated science and communication professionals
- possible European travel for meetings and conferences
Email your application including full CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by the 7th of October 2018, stating “Food and Health Internship” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be notified on the outcome of the first selection. Interviews will take place in Brussels or via Skype in the first instance, followed by a written assignment.
For More Information: