The Hague Innovators Challenge 2018 for startups tackling global challenges (€ 30,000 prize)
Application Deadline: 6 November 2017.
By way of the The Hague Innovators Challenge, the City of The Hague aims to encourage startups, organizations and students to present new ideas on tackling current global challenges. Concepts that link various disciplines and sectors are preferred. The best ideas can win prizes ranging from € 5,000 to € 30,000.
Wanted: innovative ideas
In The Hague, tens of thousands of people are working towards making the world a better place by doing business and doing good. Every day and in many ways. The City of The Hague aims to connect innovators in the city to companies, knowledge institutions and international organisations in order to solve complex global challenges together. In so doing, it hopes to encourage new innovations. In order to promote these concepts, the city is sponsoring the annual The Hague Innovators contest.
- Businesses, organizations and students based in The Hague or working with a partner in the city are eligible.
- Established and emerging foundations can also take part.
- Students are also very welcome to join. They can compete for the student prize.
How does it work
- Deadline for applications is on 6 November 2017.
- A professional selection committee will then go on to have a look at all proposals. They will select a maximum of nine nominees that will be announced late November 2017.
- The nominees are invited to further develop their ideas in the second phase of the contest. At the end of the second phase, an independent jury announces the winners of the challenge. They are awarded prize money and can invest it in executing their plans.
- The nominees in phase 1 all win two workshops, a video clip, and media attention.
- Ultimately, three prizes are available for the winners of the challenge: €5,000 (public prize), €20,000 (second prize), and €30,000 (first prize). Students can compete for the student prize of €10,000.
Terms and conditions: Download the phase 1 guidelines here: in Dutch or in English.
Would you like to know what’s next? Download the phase 2 guidelines here: in Dutch or in English.
Download the application form (Word format) here: in Dutch or in English
6 November 2017: Deadline for applications
29 November 2017: Workshop 1: How to write a business model (selected applicants only)
6 December 2017: Workshop 2: Optimise your story & pitch training course (selected applicants only)
Let’s get to work
All information about the procedure, selection criteria, terms and conditions, points system and the question form can be found in the downloads above. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 6 November 2017
For More Information: