The Innovation Square Startup Accelerator (I2@OIST) is Okinawa’s first global startup accelerator program. Each year, a highly selective group of entrepreneurs from all over the world will be chosen to participate in a fixed-term residency program at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, where they will receive the funding, mentoring, and partnerships required to launch their technology ventures right here in Okinawa, Japan. The I2@OIST Accelerator combines talent, facilities, and resources from OIST with the most innovative, global technology entrepreneurs to build startups together.
I2@OIST is a key initiative of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology and managed by the Technology Development & Innovation Center. By catalyzing startups in Okinawa, OIST aims to strengthen the innovation ecosystem around the university and contribute to self-sustaining economic development in the region.
- Entrepreneurs from Japan and internationally with an innovative technology ranging in Technology Readiness Level of 3-6.
- All technology fields will be considered except projects requiring pharmaceutical/drug clinical trials (Pre-clinical is eligible).
- If selected, founder or team leader must devote 100% effort on the project for the duration of the accelerator program.
- Awards will range from 3-10 million JPY
- Funds can be used for:
- Personnel (salary, benefits)
- Lab supplies
- Contract research
- Travel to conferences and exhibitions
For More Information: