Application Deadline: Monday, January 21, 2019.
The IOFF’s International Student Film Competition (SFC) gives middle school and high school students from around the world a chance to demonstrate their filmmaking skills and tell their ocean stories. The top three winners in each category of middle school and high school will compete for cash prizes!
The SFC is a free program that showcases top student films during the festival at a free program on Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 10am.
The rules are easy and straightforward:
- All films must be about the ocean
- All films must be less than 5 minutes in length
- Films must be made entirely by an individual student or a group of students
- Deadline for submission has been extended to Monday, January 21, 2019.
In order to help you submit your film, here are three ways in which we would like to help. Please read all three documents before submitting your film.
- 2019 Information Sheet – Information, rules and deadlines for submitting a film.
- 2019 Scoring Rubric – A reference sheet for the point system used in ranking each film based on technical qualities and content.
- Resources – Need help finding footage for your film? Looking for ocean ideas for your film? Click on Resources to find some helpful links.
To submit your film, please complete the 2019 SFC Submission Form.