Application Deadline- 11:59pm AEDT on Sunday 18th November 2018
Are you a young person working on gender equality in Asia and the Pacific?
Are you a young person interested in pursuing a career or a PhD in the field of gender, peace and security?
The Monash Gender, Peace and Security Centre based at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia is seeking expressions of interest for the Visiting Youth Fellowship, which will take place for four weeks during 2019.
Candidates will have a demonstrated interest in gender equality through activities such as advocacy, working in or with non-government organisations, or university research and study.
The Youth Fellowship will support a young person to undertake a research project at Monash GPS for up to four weeks. The research project may support your work or further study and will be related to the advancement of gender equality in Asia and the Pacific and at least one of the themes of the Centre:
- Women’s Participation in Peace Processes and Post-Conflict Governance
- Gender and Preventing/Countering Violent Extremism
- Gender-Based Violence in Conflict and Emergencies
- Youth, Peace, Security and Gender
- Gender, Climate Change and Natural Disasters
- Implementation of UNSCR 1325 and National Action Plans
- Political Economy of Gender, Peace and Security
The Youth Fellowship includes:
- Return airfare
- Accommodation close to the University for duration of Fellowship
- Per Diem for duration of Fellowship
- Office space and mentorship to undertake research at the Monash GPS Centre
The Visiting Youth Fellow must be prepared to design and work on a research project for the duration of the Fellowship, which will be submitted at its completion. The Visiting Youth Fellow will also benefit from mentoring by Monash GPS researchers and participation in Monash GPS events and conferences.
Applicants are required to submit the following via email to Arts-MonashGPS@monash.edu by 11:59pm AEDT on Sunday 18th November 2018. The application should include:
- CV including the names of 2 referees who we might contact
- 1 page research proposal, outlining your research problem and proposed approach
- Completed expression of interest form
A selection panel will create a shortlist of candidates, who will be contacted for an interview via Skype.
Please note, applicants must be committed to spending 4 weeks at Monash University, Clayton campus for the duration of the Fellowship. The period is negotiable however it must occur during the university semesters in 2019.
Criteria for selection:
- Demonstrated interest in gender, peace and security
- Clear and well thought out research proposal
- Commitment to ongoing research or engagement (for example, PhD study) in the field of gender, peace and security in Asia and the Pacific
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate identifies as a young person
For More Information: