The New York Film Academy Matthew Modine Masters Scholarship provides financial assistance to outstanding candidates of the school’s Master of Fine Arts (MFA) programs in Filmmaking and Acting for Film. Recipients must demonstrate the values set forth by New York Film Academy to further the art of visual storytelling. Candidates will exhibit exemplary purpose, creativity, and commitment to community. All scholarship decisions by NYFA are at its sole and absolute discretion and final.
- MFA Application Completed and Accepted
- Audition or Portfolio Evaluation Completed
- Nomination by Enrollment Advisor or Relevant Faculty/Staff
Award Process and Determination
- Recipients are selected by a scholarship officer or committee.
- 5-10 scholarships are awarded per year.
- Award amounts range from $5,000-$10,000 per year.
- Scholarships are based on information provided in the admissions process including the audition/portfolio, undergraduate academic performance, professional experience, narrative statement, letters of recommendation, admissions interview as well as evidence of leadership, community service and arts participation.
For More Information: