Application Deadline- March 1, 2018.
The Summer Math and Science Honors Academy (SMASH) is a free of cost, STEM-intensive college preparatory program for underrepresented high school students of color. SMASH boasts a rigorous 5-week, 3-year summer, fully residential STEM enrichment program which provides access to STEM coursework and access to mentors, role models, and support networks of students of color. Each summer, SMASH scholars spend five weeks on a college campus immersed in STEM and live among other high-potential, underrepresented (African American, Latino/a, Native American, Southeast Asian or Pacific Islander, low-income, first-in-family to attend college) high school students.
1. Grade Level: Be in the 9th grade at the time of application.
2. Math Skills: Have strong mathematics skills appropriate for your grade level, as determined by the SMASH math assessment (administered to all SMASH applicants in March).
3. Attend a public high school or private high school via scholarship.
4. Location: Reside in the United States within 50 miles* of a SMASH site as determined by your zip code — check here to see if you are eligible. (*Applicants applying to SMASH Davis must reside within 75 miles.)
5. Applicants to SMASH: Morehouse College must identify as male
For More Information: