The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) and the United Nations Global Education First Initiative (GEFI) will organize a leadership training workshop for young leaders in Global Citizenship Education (GCED) .
The four-day leadership training aims to contribute achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, to foster global citizenship through education. As well as enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
Applicant should meet the following requirements:
(1) Between 18 and 24 years of age
(2) Minimum 2 years of experience in youth activities
(3) Knowledgeable in Global Citizenship Education (GCED) related issues and priorities
(4) Proven experiences of having influenced change at the local or national level
(5) Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Attending participants will be asked to identify specific priority issues around GCED and youth leadership in achieving SDG 4.7.
- Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will expand on these topics, devising goals and strategies for use at local and national levels.
- Participants will also engage in information sessions and workshops at the training to support them in this task, on areas such as ‘Advocacy tools to build GCED strategies,’ and ‘SDG 4.7 and GCED youth leadership.’
- Applications for the Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be received before 25 May 2016(EST). Successful applicants will be notified by 3 June 2016.
- Travel and local expenses will be covered for all successful applicants (Participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
For More Information: