Application Deadline: December 3rd 2017
Imagine. You’ll be at the centre of a respected international enterprise, working on projects, products and solutions that are making a true difference to businesses and professionals across the globe. The 8-week Summer Internship will give you the opportunity to experience professional life and apply the skills you’ve learned at school, college and university.
You will be able to offer innovative thinking to solve problems; attend and contribute to meetings and team activities; work with senior leaders; and help drive specific projects. You’ll also receive robust training – all of which will give you invaluable experience for life after graduation
The Technology Summer Internship is a 8-week development programme during which you will be based in our Nottingham office. You will get to experience working with dynamic and high-performing teams of outstanding technologists – delivering a variety of products designed to meet the needs of a wide range of financial professionals. You will gain a unique insight into our business and gain exposure to cutting edge technologies.
What you can expect
Responsibilities during the Technology Summer Internship can include:
- Contributing to projects to make our core platforms even more effective
- Support our business analysts in product requirement gathering
- Work on data visualizations
- Contribute your coding language knowledge to development team work
- Help test new product releases
- Work on automating existing processes
- Work closely with development teams to develop technical strategy
- Operationalising Technology strategy
All interns will be provided with a robust training & development programme during their 8 weeks focusing on core skills development that will ease the transition from student to professional world, and learning opportunities where you will discover the markets Thomson Reuters operates in from our most senior leaders.
We are interested in receiving applications from students in their penultimate year of study who have a strong interest in progressing onto the Technology Graduate Programme which starts in September 2019.
We are also accepting applications from candidates who have already graduated and have some work experience.
To be successful, you will:
- Have a real passion for technology
- Possess a strong interest in Thomson Reuters and the markets we operate in (Financial & Risk, Tax & Accounting and Legal)
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thrive on networking with a variety of people
- Be dynamic and innovative in your thinking and willing to learn fast
- Have outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Be professional and proactive in your approach to work
- Have a keen interest in feedback & development with the ability to quickly put it into action
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint) with ability to learn new technology quickly
- Previous internship or work experience is a strong advantage.
- Previous coding experience & interest. No particular software language required, but could be web based HTML/JS, scripting Ruby/Python, Java/C/C++
- Experience abroad or demonstration of strong cultural & diversity awareness is an advantage
Applications for our Summer Internships are open to:
- UK/ EEA and Swiss Nationals
- Non-EEA Nationals who are currently studying in the UK with a Tier 4 Student Visa valid for the duration of the internship
Post-Internship Assessment for Graduate Programmes
High-Performing Interns will have the opportunity to apply for our Technology Graduate Programme (starting in September 2019).
How do you apply?
You should apply directly via our careers site
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a Cover Letter – in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in an internship at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Internship Programme
You can attach your Cover Letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience’ when you register
Applications open Monday 9th October and close on Sunday 3rd December at midday (UK Time).
Recruitment Process & Timelines:
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and Candidate Profile Screen (from October – December)
- Situational Strengths Test based on what we define as strengths for our Interns (from November – December)
- Video Interview (from November – December)
- Assessment Centre (from January – February)