Application Deadline: June 21st 2016
The TOEFL® Scholarship Program in India is open to any student residing in India who starts an undergraduate or graduate degree program between June 2016 and May 2017 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL® Destination Search.
Fifteen scholarships valued at US$7,000 each.
India scholarship funds will be disbursed to the winners’ universities in September 2016. Funds can be applied to academic expenses only and will be disbursed after the student has arrived on campus.
The competition is in two stages. To be eligible for this award, you must:
- reside in India
- start an undergraduate or graduate degree program between June 2016 and May 2017 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL Destination Search
- hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale
- demonstrate English proficiency with a valid TOEFL score
- complete the initial application by June 21, 2016
Based on the initial applications, 100 semifinalists will be selected. Semifinalists must exhibit:
- an outstanding ability to communicate
- demonstrated leadership skills
- well-rounded extracurricular activities, especially including community service
- innovative ideas as reflected in essays
Note: Transfer students are not eligible for the TOEFL Scholarship Program in India.
Complete the initial application online. The deadline for the initial application is June 21, 2016. If selected as a semifinalist, you will be notified and will be required to submit additional information, which is due on July 14, 2016. Please use program key “TIndia” to access the TOEFL Scholarship application for India.
For More Information: