Transport & Environment (T&E), the leading Brussels-based NGO promoting cleaner transport in Europe, is recruiting a trainee to join its transport team. The ideal candidate will have a degree in economics and relevant experience in environmental and/or transport policy, including on topics like pricing, modelling, or other relevant topics such as EU climate policy.
The intern would assist the transport & vehicles team in developing and implementing policy ideas. This is a fixed six-month contract with remuneration once the successful candidate is eligible under the terms of the Belgian labour code’s convention d’immersion professionnelle.
Principal duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Research, drafting policy papers/briefings and developing and implementing policy ideas.
- Participation in seminars, stakeholder meetings and other events.
- Monitoring industrial and regulatory developments.
- Helping organise events in Parliament.
- Supporting the T&E staffs with ad hoc tasks as appropriate.
Skills and competences required:
- Strong knowledge and/or relevant experience in economics, ideally including
- EU Climate policy
- External costs and road charging
- (Fuel) taxation policy
- Vehicle CO2 regulation (cars, vans, trucks)
- Good written and verbal communications skills including the ability to synthesise complicated policy issues into digestible products.
- Willingness to learn and dig into transport issues. Well-organised and able to work on projects autonomously.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English is essential. German is a very big plus.
The position is a full-time one, with a fixed six-month contract and a monthly remuneration of €755
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
· A CV
· A short cover letter explaining why you want to work for us; ideally, not longer than half a page.
· A 1 page essay on how the candidate sees the role of pricing and economic instruments in the greening and decarbonisation of transport
Please ensure the job vacancy title is shown in the subject line.
For More Information: