Turkey Europe Future Forum 2017 for Young Leaders from Turkey and Europe (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: February 5th, 2017.
The Turkey Europe Future Forum is a project of the Mercator Program Center for International Affairs (MPC) in cooperation with TUSIAD and “Turkey: Culture of Change Initiative” (TCCI). It is funded by Stiftung Mercator and advised by the ECFR.
Since 2015, The Turkey Europe Future Forum has been bringing together dedicated young leaders from Turkey and Europe for intensive dialogue in Turkey, Germany and other European countries.
The Turkey Europe Future Forum 2017 will take place from 2 to 9 July on the topic ‘Reflecting Change’ in Izmir and Istanbul. (The locations might be subject to change depending on the conditions). Democracy, for a long time believed to be the most wanted and valued form of government, is currently coming under fire in many European countries as well as in Turkey.
How can we encounter threats for democracies such as system changes, propaganda or populism? How do democracies cope with the era of “post-truth”, populist backlash accompanied by the decline of welfare safety-nets, shifting employment opportunities abroad and perceived threats from immigrants? Which role do civil society, political parties and the media play? Questions like these are at the core of the Turkey Europe Future Forum 2017.
- Every year, the Turkey Europe Future Forum enables 30 outstanding young leaders (28 to 38 years of age) from Turkey, Germany and other European countries to benefit from an intensive exchange of ideas, substantial training measures and access to an important network.
- Costs for travel and accommodation are covered
- 28 to 38 years of age
- At least two years’ professional experience in the fields of politics, economics, administration, culture, media, science or civil society
- Turkish, German or another European citizenship
- A university degree
- Very good English skills Outstanding academic and professional qualifications
- Strong interest in the respective topic of the Future Forum as well as European-Turkish relation
For More Information: