Application Deadline: February 17th 2017
The inaugural UK-India Social Innovation Challenge, a UKISEEN (UK-India Social Entrepreneurship Education Network) initiative created in a competition format, aims to incentivise social innovation in the international community. UKISEEN intend to find, fund and support innovative and sustainable solutions to global problems.
As a competitor, you will propose a business model for a social enterprise which tackles the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) No. 6: Clean water and sanitation. This goal, and therefore your challenge, is to “ensure the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”.
- Any student, whether undergraduate or postgraduate from the University may submit a business model into the competition, either as an individual or in a team.
- Entries from any other university student from within the UK or India will also be accepted.
- As an incentive, the challenge is not without rewards. The top 3 submissions will receive cash prizes of £1,500, £1,000 and £500 for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places respectively.
- The best submission will also receive corporate mentorship for 6 months.
Your business model, should tackle one of following 6 opportunity areas within SDG No. 6.
- 17th of January: competition opens (you may submit your business model to Babele)
- 17th of February: competition closes (You must submit your business model to Babele before this date)
- 24th of February: shortlist of top 10 entries to be announced
- 1st of March: videos submitted by top 10
- 13th of March: winning applicants announced
- You will create a business model for your proposed solution on the Babele platform. Following a selection period, if you are one of the top 10 submissions, you will then have to create a 5-minute video detailing your solution. These videos will be used to determine the top 3 proposals.
- As a part of the business model you need to provide an overview of the problem landscape and the solution landscape in a visual format. Use your creativity to present your understanding of your chosen area in an accessible and interesting way.
For More Information: