Submission Deadline: 31 August 2016.
World Environment Day (5 June 2016), UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office, launches a social media campaign #Science4Sustainability with a Photo Contest on the theme Science for Sustainable Future.
Science will be essential to reach many of the goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Sustainable solutions, whether at the global, regional or country level, require creativity, new advances in scientific knowledge, discoveries and innovations. Sustainability science promotes problem driven cross-disciplinary approaches to address interconnected environmental and social issues.
#Science4Sustainability is a social media campaign to promote science education and research to empower people to design the solutions they need. The campaign will begin on the World Environment Day, 5 June 2016 and end on the World Science Day, 10 November 2016.
The contest is open to nationals of all six UNESCO New Delhi Cluster countries, namely, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
The four winning entries will have the honour of being displayed at the UNESCO New Delhi office’s new premises in the diplomatic area, New Delhi.
Five thematic categories are open for photographic submissions:
- Science in everyday life
- Science for Peace and Development
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage and Wildlife
- Water and Life
- Climate Change
1. Photographs must be submitted under the chosen category(s), with your name and residing country along with a short description of the photo in not more than 30 words, latest by 31 August 2016. Please mail your entries to: email@example.com
2. To participate and win the special prize for the most popular photo on social media:
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/unesconewdelhi/ or follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/UNESCO_NDL
- Upload your photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability #UNESCONewDelhi. Please make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
For More Information: