Application Deadline: August 15th 2016
The United Nations Association of Germany is holding a workshop on Establishing a UN Youth Delegate Programme in Countries of the Global South. They are looking for 6 to 8 applicants who are from countries of the global south who have an active UNA/UNYA but do not currently have UN Youth Delegate Programme and are interested in starting a UN Youth Delegate Programme in their respective countries.
The workshop participants will also be invited to join UNA Germany’s conference: It’s up to Youth held in Bonn from November 25-27, 2016.
- All travel, accommodation and meal costs will be covered.
The workshop’s goals are
- To provide information and guidance on how to establish a UN Youth Delegate Programme in your home country;
- To discuss how to involve young people from your home country in the international development policy and decision-making agenda;
- To establish a network of active young people in the Global South;
- To support youth participation and activities in your countries.
- This workshop will support young people to be agents of change. The goal is to empower them to be active global citizens contributing to building a world of justice, equity, and dignity.
Requirements for applicants are as follows:
- Between 18 and 25 years of age (in November 2016);
- Committed to youth participation;
- Interested in international affairs, particularly in youth issues;
- Passionate about solving the world’s most pressing problems and working to engage young people in this important agenda;
- Residents of a country in the Global South with an active UNA/UNYA*;
- Able to travel to Bonn, Germany, for up to a week in November 2016 (most likely November 22–29).
- 3 Skill and qualification requirements:
Be a self-starter;
Civil society engagement, preferably in the area of youth participation;
Support from the UNA/UNYA in your home country*;
- Knowledge of current international affairs;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others, e.g. senior NGO or government representatives, young people, etc.
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Culturally competent.
- We strive for gender balance and strongly encourage applications from women.
Applications should include
- Personal/Contact Details:
Your Last Name, First Name
- Brief Statement on:
Your educational qualifications/experiences;
Your work experiences;
Your volunteer experiences;
- Letter of Motivation
- Brief Analysis (max. 2 pages): “Opportunities and Challenges of Establishing a Youth Delegate Programme in my Country”
- Letter of support from the UNA/UNYA in your country*
- All information for the application must be compiled in ONE word document or PDF document and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm CET on August 15, 2016 with a subject line of Application UN Youth Delegate Workshop 2016.
For More Information: