|Location :||Abu Dhabi, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES|
|Application Deadline :||25-Jun-17 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||23d 15h 6m|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :
Employers and Students benefit from internships in different ways. Interns are valuable assets for employers for several reasons. In addition to being a pipeline for hiring, interns fill positions and assist employers with innovative ideas and technology. Internships open all sorts of doors for students. Students gain an insider’s view to a possible career path and networking opportunities. Above all, internships could lead to a full-time position for that company. With benefits for employers and students, internships are a win-win.
In this regard, UNDP office in the UAE which is also responsible for UNDP’s operations in Qatar and Oman is currently starting several initiatives on the communications front to attract media attention and give good credit to the work done by the office team. The sky is the limit and the market is very competitive. That’s why efforts in the communications department are crucial this year. The office seeks to host a summer intern for one or maximum two months -based on the selected candidate’s availability and willingness- to assist the Communications associate in their endeavours. The intern will be responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of the communication projects in UAE. These services include, but are not limited to, Social media management, copy writing and production of media products like videos and visual aids, content writing and coordinating with external media organizations when needed. The intern shall also be involved in some research activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will work with UNDP per an agreed-on work plan based on the following milestones:
• Support in the design of visual materials like posters, roll-ups and greeting cards.
* Copy writing and production of promotional videos for digital use.
* Attend with the Communications associate events and ensure proper media coverage is taking place.
* Scan the market for prospect media partnerships.
* Social media management tasks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
* Support in conducting Researches and collecting data as requested.
* Ensure website is updated and fed with any viable content that serves UNDP and its office in UAE.
* Perform any other substantive and/or administrative task that might be required.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Internet research skills, ability to handle and interpret data;
• Good writing skills;
• Be creative and proactive;
• Desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds;
• Respect for the principles of the United Nations Charter and the UNDP Statement of Purpose;
• Ability to support oneself financially for the duration of the internship.
Required Skills and Experience:
• To be currently enrolled in any undergraduate school, preferably majoring in Mass Communication, Marketing, Political science, international relations, or relevant fields. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible. (Letter of enrollment from school will be requested from the selected applicants).
Required Skills and Experience
• Experience in writing for the web, planning, and project and events management is desirable.
• Photoshop or any other image-editing software a must. Video-editing software knowledge is desirable.
• Nationals are desirable. Other nationalities are also encouraged to apply.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Previous internship experience is desirable.
• Team work and communication skills.
• Proven Integrity and Values.
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and Arabic;
• Please create one document which will contain both your CV and a brief cover letter. Upload this document into the appropriate section of the on-line application system;
Internships within the UN system are unpaid and subject to conditions with which applicants should become familiar with prior to signing an internship agreement.
For More Information: