Application Deadline: June 19th 2019
As part of a special information programme mandated by the United Nations General Assembly, the UN Department of Global Communications (DGC) organizes an annual training programme for Palestinian journalists. The programme aims to provide hands-on skills training on media related topic/s as well as expose the selected journalists to the work of the United Nations, with particular attention to its various activities and programmes affecting the lives of the people in the region.
This five-week programme will be held in November/ December. Exact dates will be confirmed in due course.
The five-week training programme is coordinated by the Palestine,Decolonization and Human Rights Section which is located in the Strategic Communications Division of DGC.
Since it started in 1995, 190 journalists/trainees have benefited from the programme.
For more information, follow hashtag: #PalJournos
(1) At least one year of work experience in the field of journalism and print/online/broadcast media.
(2) Mastery of the English Language.
(3) Candidates should be between the ages of 23-33 years.
- The United Nations will cover the costs of travel and accommodation.
- The Department of Global Communications will directly inform participants who have been selected.
- Applications from candidates employed within the UN system will not be considered.
- Participants will be required to comply with all rules of the programme and submit final projects, in order to ensure successful completion of the programme.
- Only applications completed through the online form will be accepted.
2019 Programme information
Applications for the 2019 training programme are now being accepted. DEADLINE is 19 June 2019.Apply HERE!
Once you receive an email confirmation, please forward it to email@example.com, indicating your full name, email address, mobile number and a copy of your CV (if available).
Kindly note that you will NOT receive another email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org. The first email confirmation you received is the only one. Please do not send any inquiries to that email address. Due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.