Application Deadline: 24 January 2016.
Basic Space Technology Initiative Fellowship Programme
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and the Government of Japan in cooperation with the Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech) have established a United Nations/Japan Long-term Fellowship Programme on Nano-Satellite Technologies for nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations.
The Programme will provide extensive research opportunities in nano-satellite systems through the use of the nano-satellite development and testing facilities available at Kyutech.
- Every year this “Post-graduate study on Nano-Satellite Technologies (PNST)” Fellowship Programme will accept up to two students in the Masters course (2 years duration) and up to four students in the Doctorate course (3 years duration).
- Successful participants will be awarded a master or doctorate degree after successful thesis defence.
- The successful candidates will enroll in the Space Engineering International Course (SEIC) after passing an official entrance examination by the Graduate School of Kyushu Institute of Technology.
- Be nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations (countries without an established substantial capability to develop space technology/launch space objects);
- Be duly nominated by their institutions;
- Born on or after 2 April 1981;
- Should have the academic and professional background required by the specific fellowship programme. Candidates seeking a Master degree are expected to have completed studies ending with a Bachelor Degree or equivalent (4 year university degree) in engineering-related subjects. Candidates seeking a Doctorate degree are expected to have completed studies ending with a Master Degree or equivalent (5 years university degree) in engineering-related subjects. Degrees in different technological fields can be considered by the Doctor Commission;and
- Be able to make professional use of the experience gained in the fellowship programme.
- The selected candidates will each receive a grant under Japanese government (Mobukagakusho: MEXT) scholarship (Research Students) of about 145,000 yen per month for the duration of their fellowship study (2 or 3 years) to cover housing, food, local transportation, and other expenses (actual scholarship amount is subject to change).
- Each candidate will be provided, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, an economy class air ticket between an international airport in the country of his/her nationality and Narita International Airport or Fukuoka International Airport.
- Fees for matriculation, tuition and entrance examinations will be paid by Kyutech.
Applications for the Fellowship Programme will be accepted until 24 January 2016.
Before submitting the completed application documents through the online upload-form, please first complete the electronic registration form, using the link below:
Application Documents [TBU]:
- Information Note (.pdf)
- Terms of Participation (.pdf)
- Nomination Form (.pdf)
- Application Form (.pdf)
- Referee Report Form (.pdf)
- Academic Background (.pdf)
- Academic Background Sample (.pdf)
- Application for Japanese Government (MONBUKAGAKUSHO: MEXT) Scholarship (.pdf)
- Field of Study and Study Program (.pdf)
- Checklist (.pdf)
For More Information: