Application Deadline: November 1, 2018.
The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
• Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international students
• Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from Master’s to a doctoral degree program
• Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
• Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
- Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student.
- The award value varies and is indicated in your original letter of offer.
Each department is assigned an allocation (please see link below). Individual graduate departments are responsible for selecting nominees based on eligibility criteria and allocations. Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria including academic record, letters of appraisal, statement of program, applicant’s research, potential contributions to research, and other technical experience.
1. Department nominates students to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR)
2. FGSR verifies eligibility
3. FGSR approves award
4. FGSR notifies winners directly
For More Information: