Application Deadline: Friday 30th September 2016.
Calling all photographers! The Alwaleed Centre has launched a unique competition which hopes to inspire creative interpretations of the theme ‘Living Islam’. The competition is open to anyone living in the UK and cash prizes will be awarded to the top three photographs.
Following the success of the ‘Islam in Scotland’ photography competition back in 2012, the Alwaleed Centre now invites photographers from across the UK to participate in our 2016 competition.
Whether you are a professional or an amateur photographer, we invite you to submit up to two photographs which speak to this year’s competition theme ‘Living Islam’. This could be through people, places or objects – through living Islam yourself or experiencing Islam through others. Whatever your motivation, we look forward to seeing the many ways in which ‘Living Islam’ is interpreted and we hope to display many of the photographs as part of a touring exhibition in 2017.
- This competition is open to anyone living in the UK.
- Entrants must be living in the UK at the time their photographs are submitted.
- The competition is not open to employees of The Alwaleed Centre (or to members of their immediate families), but it is open to UoE students and to other UoE members of staff.
- There are no age limits for entrants.
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
- The cash prizes will be as follows: 1st prize will win £300, 2nd prize will win £200 and 3rd prize will win £100. These amounts will be transferred to each individual winner by bank transfer only. If one of your photographs is selected for any of the three prize categories, we will contact you separately for you to provide us with your bank details.
- If you win one of the three cash prizes available, we will notify you by e-mail (if you have provided us with it).
- Winners will be notified up to one calendar month after the closing date of the competition.
- If you fail to claim your prize by the time specified we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
- The UoE reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
There are three cash prizes to be won. The competition winner will receive £300, with second place receiving £200 and third place receiving £100.
The competition will be judged by our expert panel:
– Fabio Mosacatelli – professional photographer whose photograph is featured above.
– Dr Khadijah Elshayyal – Postdoctoral Fellow at the Alwaleed Centre with expertise in British Muslim identity politics.
– Dr Michael Munnik – former journalist and now Lecturer at the Centre for the Study of Islam in the UK (Cardiff University).
Entrants can submit up to TWO photographs for consideration by our panel. Only one photograph from each entrant will be elligable for a cash prize.
Photographs should be submitted via email along with a submission form to: email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday 30th September 2016.
Please read the full terms and conditions below very carefully before submitting your photographs.
If you have any questions whatsoever about the competition, please contact the Competition Coordinator, Lilly Jenkins: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: