University of Reading Felix Scholarships 2017 for students from India and other developing countries
Application Deadline: 30 January 2017
Under the prestigious Felix Scholarships scheme, four Felix Scholarships will be available to well qualified students with Indian citizenship to pursue postgraduate study (PhD or Masters) at the University, starting their programme in September 2017.
One further award, for study at Masters level only, will be made to a student from a developing country* who can demonstrate academic excellence and financial need.
These scholarships cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (the current level of which is £13,730). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home. The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to 3 years.
Any full-time MPhil/PhD programme or Taught Masters programme.
Criteria and conditions for candidates
- You must demonstrate financial need
- You must possess at least a first-class honours degree from a University or comparable institution
- You must not hold a degree from a University outside your home country
- You must not have studies outside your home country for one year or more
- Candidates are expected by the Trust to return to work in their home country following their study
- You must have been accepted for admission by the University by 30 January 2017 to be considered for shortlisting. You should therefore apply for admission at the earliest opportunity. Candidates who have an academic condition on their offer of admission (such as completion of a qualification they are currently working towards) will need to successfully meet that condition by the short-listing stage (w/c 27 March 2017) in order to be considered for this year’s competition; they should otherwise consider applying to the competition next year.
How to apply for the Scholarship
1) Complete an online application for admission to a Postgraduate Degree at the University of Reading and hold an offer of admission by the deadline (30 January 2017).
2) Complete the electronic form at the bottom of this webpage in order to express your interest in being considered for the Felix Scholarships. This will ask you to confirm that you have read (and comply with) the Felix Scholarship criteria listed above. Do not complete this form unless you have a valid 8-digit applicant number (ID number) from the University’s online Admissions system.
3) Eligible candidates will then be considered for nomination by their academic School / Department at Stage One. If you are successful in being nominated, you will receive a request on Wednesday 8 March 2017 asking you to complete a full Felix application form. This must be returned by Wednesday 15 March 2017.
4) Nominees will then be considered for shortlisting by the University level panel at the beginning of April. If you are shortlisted by the University, you will be notified. Candidates for the Indian awards will be asked by representatives of the Felix Trust to attend an interview in India during April/May 2017.
For More Information: