The University of Reading is offering up to 70 scholarships for postgraduate taught Masters courses, each worth £10,000 in funding.
The scheme is open to UK and EU students who would be starting a postgraduate taught Masters course at the University of Reading in 2015.
In order to apply, you must satisfy the following criteria (which are currently subject to change).
You must be able to answer “yes” to all of the following:
- I have received an offer for a place on a Masters course (but not a PG Certificate or PG diploma) commencing in the academic year 2015/16
- I will be studying either full-time, or part-time for a maximum of two years
- I am progressing from a UK-based undergraduate course that I started in 2012
- I was charged the higher Home/EU fee of up to £9,000 (Students who were not required to pay the higher fee on the basis of their nationality, such as Welsh students, or Scottish / Northern Irish students who studied at Universities in Scotland or Northern Ireland, will not be eligible)
In addition to the above, you must be able to demonstrate that you fall into at least one of the following categories:
- I have been in receipt of a full maintenance grant from the Student Loans Company for at least part of their undergraduate studies
- I have been in receipt of some form of means tested bursary or fee-waiver from the University where they studied as an undergraduate
- I have a home address (that is, non-term time address, if living away from home) which is in an area where participation rates in higher education are typically below the national average. Eligibility can be checked here. (Eligible students will be those whose postcodes fall into the ‘young participation’ quintiles 1 or 2.)
- I have been in receipt of the disabled students allowance
- I have spent a period of time in local authority care, or as a Foyer resident, prior to undergraduate studies
- I have primary caring responsibilities for ill or disabled family members
- I am a female student intending to study on Master’s programmes in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM subjects)
- I am from a black or minority ethnic background
For More Information: