Application Deadline: 12 NOON, 23 June 2017
UrbanVolt is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy and we are disrupting an entire industry along the way.
Scholarship2 Value and Benefits:
- The successful candidate will receive fee support (minimum €6,750) in order to register in DCU and undertake a one-year, full-time taught master’s programme in either Engineering, Computing or Business in 2017/18.
Who should be interested?
UrbanVolt is very deliberately offering to sponsor a Masters programme of the student’s choice.
They have proven that trying to use the same solution to solve an old problem doesn’t work, so they want to encourage broader thinking. If you are smart, curious, energetic, people-focused and interested in furthering your career and growing yourself, this is the scholarship opportunity for you.
Whether your background is in Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Science, Business or Accounting, the following master’s programmes qualify for this scholarship. Masters Programmes eligible under this scholarship programme:
Faculty of Engineering & Computing
MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (with specialism in Sustainable Systems/Energy) / DC814 MEng in Electronic and Computer Engineering (with Major Options in Advanced Data Networks, Internet of Things, Image Processing & Analysis, Nanotechnology) / DC883
MSc in Computing (with Major Options in Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Software Engineering and Security and Forensic Computing) / DC836
MSc in Electronic Commerce (Technical) / DC821
DCU Business School
MSc in Finance (with specialism in Sustainable Energy Finance) / DC511 MSc in Electronic Commerce (Business) / DC506 MSc in Management (Strategy) / DC514 MSc in Accounting / DC501 MSc in Management (Business) / DC510 MSc in International Management MSc in Human Resource Management / DC632
The successful applicant must:
- Satisfy the taught Masters programme entry requirements and register in 2017-18 (full-time).
- Comply with the standard application process via PAC.
- Be an EU citizen and be eligible for EU fees.
The scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis, with consideration given to:
- Academic track record – Achievement and contribution outside of the classroom
- Particular challenges being faced by the applicant in pursuing education.
- Communication skills and innovation in thinking, as demonstrated in a short video. (Video will not be judged on the film quality but rather the quality of content.
- What is the problem you aim to solve, how you would tackle solving it. (Hint: You can’t know the solution or it wouldn’t be a problem anymore, but we’d like to know your personality and how you look at the world).
Application Process –
Applicants must submit the following:
- 1 page CV, demonstrating academic track record, achievements and contribution outside of the classroom, statement of particular challenges being faced by the applicant in pursuing education.
- Short video (90 seconds to 3 minutes max.) demonstrating communication skills and innovation in thinking.
- Appendix A – completed in full (see attached).
- The 1-page CV, link to video and completed Appendix A must be submitted in one email to email@example.com no later than 12 NOON, 23 June 2017.
- The file should be named: surname_firstname_UrbanVolt 2017.pdf and “UrbanVolt application” clearly indicated in the subject line of the email.
For More Information: