Application Deadline: 0600 CET on June 6, 2016
RFE/RL is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 Vaclav Havel Journalism Fellowship. The term of the Fellowship is November 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
The purpose of the Fellowship is to help aspiring journalists from countries lacking media freedom and independence to pursue their profession in support of pluralism. Applications are accepted from journalists in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation.
- Fellowships are for a term of eight months.
- Fellows will spend six months at RFE/RL’s headquarters in Prague, where they will be placed with an appropriate language service to receive daily, on-the-job training and mentoring while working alongside RFE/RL’s seasoned professionals
- For one month before the term in Prague, Fellows will be assigned to a local RFE/RL bureau to gain an understanding of RFE/RL’s local role and editorial practices and meet local staff.
- Fellows will return to the bureau for the final month of the program.
- A monthly stipend at the bureau and in Prague , housing, insurance, and travel arrangements to and from Prague shall be provided.
- The main components of the program are:
Completed applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 0600 CET on June 6, 2016. Candidates will be informed of their selection by July 8, 2016.
For More Information: