Application Deadline: January 10th 2016
Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes.
Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives.
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate.
- The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation invites universities, research institutes, scientists and engineers as well as other individuals and organisations to submit nominations for the Volvo Environment Prize.
- Priority is given to an individual or to a group of named individuals rather than to institutions.
- The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually.
- The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
Nominations for the award in 2016 must be submitted before January 10, 2016.
The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment. The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline.
Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
- A nomination remains valid for three years.
- Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
For More Information: