Walt Disney 2018 Talent Development Artist – Animation Trainee Program
Application Deadline: July 1, 2018 11:59 PM PST.
Join us for an opportunity to experience the art of animation and be a part of Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Apprentice Program is available for recent college graduates of art and animation, fine art and design, computer graphics, engineering, production, and general film studies undergraduate or graduate programs (within three years of graduation date) for a 3, 6 or 12 month paid position at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Program starts out with an immersive Trainee experience offering participants a chance to understand the depth of their new skills, refine and strengthen key areas, apply them in our real world environment, and work under the guidance of a Disney Mentor.The Apprentice Program is based in our Burbank, California and begins August 2018. The first three months of the Apprentice Program starts out as a Disney Animation Trainee
The Animation Trainee
Animators are responsible for bringing characters to life. As an animation trainee applicant, your animation reel should demonstrate a good understanding of acting and animation principles such as timing, clear staging, squash and stretch, anticipation and follow-through, and secondary action. Prior training should cover anatomy, perspective and composition, including solving problems in weight, balance, movement, space, construction and proportion.
To apply for this position you must upload a resume and a reel with a reel breakdown.
Reels/portfolios/demonstrated skills should include:
- Acting, Acting, Acting! A reel should consist of a broad range of acting exercises: Pantomime, Dialogue, Walk Cycle, Weight
- Focus on different styles of emoting: Subtle to broad moments, Comedic to dramatic
- Reels should also focus on a diversity of character personalities to create entertaining and emotionally driven believable performances
- Strong traditional animation skills and or Maya/3d software preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
For More Information: